a couple of weeks back i got the amazing opportunity to interview the wonderful emily from StileFile! at the time of the interview she had a tumblr and an instagram but now just recently she has started a blog as well!! thank you so much Emily and good luck with all that you do in the future.
1. Why did you start your tumblr/IG?
– I started my instagram because I’ve always had an interest and a knack for fashion and photography. I thought it would be the perfect way to combine the two together. back then i actually had no idea how far it would actually go. I started my IG in late 2014 but only really started to use it seriously in 2015, as that’s when I began posting my own photos and using only my own content.
2. What is one thing that keeps you going + motivated?
– I think I have a lot of natural determination and drive, but Instagram is something that I genuinely love to do. I don’t find it difficult or boring, I have a love for photography and fashion so it’s basically the perfect mix all in one!
3. What is your favourite clothes brand?
– That’s a tough one! Hmm… I would probably have to say Brandy Melville BUT it is so expensive to ship to Australia! I’m honestly so indecisive when it comes to choosing an outfit/style that I want to go with, it really all depends on my mood!
4. What accounts inspire you?
– I follow a lot of travel accounts, and I get super inspired when I see really beautiful destinations! It sounds strange but it makes me want to work harder so one day I can have the opportunity to visit those places.
5. What are your dreams for the future?
– I have never been one who makes a lot of New Years resolutions, but this year I decided to do a few. I really want to travel more, take better quality pictures and post more than once a day or once every couple days. I have a lot of motivation right now, and although my plans aren’t long term, I think that achieving these things will really help me out in the long run.
6. What is one tip that you would give to a new user on Instagram or tumblr?
– ALWAYS BE REAL. It sounds super cliché but I mean it! Your followers can always tell if you’re trying to be something you’re not, so stay true to yourself and always be kind, forgiving and understanding as having these qualities will not only help those around you, but they will definitely help yourself.
7. What camera do you use for your photos?
– Most of the time, I’m using my shattered iPhone 5! Despite all its flaws, the camera is pretty good! However, if I have the chance, I always opt for my actual camera (the canon 700d), because the quality is better.
8. What are 3 things that make your day?
– First off is the weather, I know it’s sounds weird but good weather ALWAYS puts me in a good mood.
Secondly, any person that lets me pet their dog when I see it on the street. It’s ridiculous but I’m a huge dog lover and I want to pet all of them.
Finally, a good conversation. I aim to have at least one really good conversation each day, where you talk about something more than the general “how was your day” type chat.
9. What is the best part about tumblr & Instagram?
– I would have to say that the best part about tumblr and Instagram is being able to interact with people from the other side of the world every day. I have the amazing opportunity to be followed by so many incredible people, who all have stories of their own, and I love when I get the chance to interact with them. I find it so interesting!
10. A funny/embarrassing story?
– 10. Oh gosh, I’ve got one. At my school, we have these super boring, long church services that we have to sit through once every term or so. When I was in grade 4, I decided it would be a fun idea to see how long I could hold my breath for. All I remember is thinking “wow! I can hold my breath for so long” before waking up underneath the bench seat with 2 teachers and a number of students trying to pull me out. The entire school was watching. I was so bored that I had made myself pass out. 😂😂
thank you so much emily for answering my interview questions. good luck with all you pursue in the future. thanks for reading guys, see you soon with a new post!