so it’s goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016, this year has definitely rushed right past us.
2015 is about to be our past and we are looking into our future of 2016. this is our time to reflect on how 2015 was for us.
what were your highlights?
what struggles did you make it through?
do you have any regrets on chances you didn’t take?
what can you improve on?
who should you thank?
for myself 2015 was pretty great! this was the birth year of Vanilla Highlights Blog as it was one of my 2015 New Years resolutions. I can happily say that I achieved it!!
I want to thank all of YOU who are reading this or have read any of my posts! without all of your masses of positive feedback all throughout the year I would most likely not still be blogging.
a great choice I made with my blog was definitely interacting with as many of my readers and bloggers as possible. this year I have made so many amazing internet friends who I am so so thankful for. you have all helped me through 2015’s struggles and you are just always there to chat. plus I am set to meet some of them in January ahhhh!! I am also super duper proud of myself and 2 other bloggers (QueenAnna & Stayzsha) for organizing the blogger group chats. it has connected so many bloggers and everyone is just such great friends.
however I also do have some blogging regrets of 2015.
– I wish I wasn’t too shy to ask successful bloggers for tips or to collab. I don’t know why I didn’t take up on those chances, just scared of not being good enough I suppose.
– I should have stayed more on task and not wasted time because there were a lot of days where I would do near to nothing as my motivation was on 0%! I only realize now that I barely have any posts but I hope to change that next year.
my life word for 2016 is going to be ‘MOTIVATE’ because it seems fitting!
I’ll motivate myself to write posts, motivate myself to try new things and step out of my comfort zone. I will also try to motivate others.
2016 Blog Goals:
– write more posts more often but still don’t let it get in the way of school.
– ask successful bloggers for tips or collab opportunities.
– make more YouTube videos and start my new channel.
– get to 4000 followers on Instagram.
– work with some cool brands that I like.
– write more interesting and fun blog content.
remember we all have highs and lows but the lows are now behind you. you’re allowed to forget them and move on, or use them as a way to remember how strong you are and learn from them.
you should think of each year as a fresh start. be more confident than last year, try new things and make more friends. don’t let yourself be defined by who you were, be defined by who you want to become. seriously silly little mistakes don’t mean anything in the long run so don’t make a fuss. if you’re a blogger write about your goals and reflect on past situations to help you in the future. blogging is a great place to express yourself and in the process you inspire others.
today’s the day (if you haven’t already) to start thinking of your 2016 New Years Resolutions. make sure they are exciting yet also actually achievable because achieving a set goal is the best feeling. I have my blog goals sorted but I am still to plan my full 2016 resolutions. I will tell you on Instagram once I’ve got at least three.
make the most of the last couple of days of the wonderful 2015 and achieve any last goals that you skipped out. get ready for the countdown into your fresh start and I’ll talk to y’all next year when I have super duper amazing news!!